Summer may be weeks away, but many of us are thinking about how we’re going to keep our hair looking great while combating those hot and humid weather days. Florida is known for its warm weather year round, so summer brings even more heat which can really make taming your hairstyle a challenge. Luckily, the hippest salon in Boca Raton is here to keep you on trend and looking your best no matter the weather with our excellent selection of blowouts and chemical-free keratin treatments.
At Glo Girl, we strive to provide our clients with the ultimate blowout experience from start to finish. Our stylists are constantly keeping up-to-date with current trends in the beauty world so that you’re always looking flawless. Here are just a few of the hottest hairstyles that Glo Girl can help you achieve this summer.
1. Beachy waves. The white sandy beaches of the Florida coast offer the perfect opportunity to display those long, beachy waves. You can achieve this look at home by applying a heat protectant to your hair prior to blow drying, then wrapping one-inch sections of hair around a large-barrel curling iron or flat iron. After curling all of your hair, loosen the curls with your fingers and apply a light-hold hairspray to keep your waves looking on-point all day long. Our hair salon offers a Glo Beach Babe blowout that will have you ready to hit the boardwalk in no time.
2. Wet look. Made famous by Kim Kardashian at this year’s Met Gala, the wearable wet look gives you that just-out-of-the-ocean vibe without any moisture dripping down your back. Kim said she was channeling Sophia Loren’s iconic 1957 film, “Boy on a Dolphin.” Who wouldn’t want to channel the Hollywood idol’s vintage, alluring style. It’s simple to do yourself by blow drying the hair upside down to create plenty of volume, then applying a hair glue throughout to create the appearance of wet hair. Our Glo Romantic blowout is also a great way to start the wet look process because it creates beautiful, loose curls and tons of body.
3. Long braid. Reminiscent of a Grecian goddess, a long braid keeps hair off your neck which is ideal for those humid summer days when the frizz just won’t stop. The secret to a long braid is smooth, sleek hair that shimmers in the sunlight. The current trend is to wear the braid low on the neck, with the long plait cascading down the back. While this gorgeous look can be achieved at home by straightening the hair, applying a smoothing pomade, and tightly braiding the hair at the base of the neck, you can come to our salon instead and relax while one of our stylists expertly braids your hair for you.
4. Sleek and straight. You might be thinking that having smooth, sleek hair during the humid summer weather isn’t possible, but with our Glo Chic blowout it is possible. The key to pulling off this epic runway look is shine, shine, shine. Seeing the bright summer sun reflecting off your sleek hair will have you ready to tackle whatever tasks lay before you. Our chemical-free keratin treatments will keep your hair looking beautiful and frizz-free for up to three months.
5. Accessorized locks. A big trend we’re seeing this summer is hair accessories. Whether it’s a giant bow, floral head wrap, jewel-encrusted hair clip, or even a scrunchie, hair accessories are all the rage this season. Pair our Glo Old Fashion blowout- the perfect updo for those steamy summer days- with a beautiful rose hairpin for a classic look that will take you from work to play without missing a beat.
6. Au naturel. The fresh, clean, natural look is really in this season, which is great because it means less upkeep for you during the dog days of summer. Our Glo Glamour blowout can create a flawless natural look with smooth, bouncy locks that will have you looking effortless and relaxed but still worthy of a fashion magazine. If you’re not one of the few that was blessed with perfect out-of-the-bed hair, stop into our salon and let our superb stylists work their magic.
7. Bold color. Experiment with something new this summer by wearing a wig or hair extensions in a fun, bold color that is totally on trend with this season’s style. If you don’t want to fully commit to coloring your hair, a wig or hair extensions are the ideal choice because they offer versatility since they can be removed at any time. Our salon offers wigs, extensions, toppers, and falls that can be cut and colored to fit whatever style you desire. While wigs are notably a bit warm for summer, hair extensions are lightweight and easy-to-maintain, making them a great choice for any type of weather.
Changing up your hair is a great way to express your own personal style, and what better time to do that than summer when everything is in bloom and starting anew. Our stylists will have you looking your absolute best all summer long with very minimal upkeep on your part. That gives you the opportunity to get out and enjoy more of what summer has to offer. Call today and book an appointment with one of our expert stylists for a fun, relaxed experience in our beautiful salon.